Submitting a Noise Concern
The City of Dallas' Department of Aviation (DOA) provides multiple methods to submit aircraft related noise complaints. Noise complaints may be submitted by:
Guidelines and Standards
- DOA will review/investigate all complaints and determine the appropriate response.
- Noise complaints can only be logged when they contain accurate and complete information listed below:
- First and Last name
- Physical address
- Date and time of the noise occurrence
- Nature of complaint
- Means of contact (telephone number or email address) if feedback is requested.
- It is required that noise complaints be submitted within one week of the occurrence.
How Does DOA Address Noise Complaints?
All noise complaints are managed daily with our Noise and Operations Monitoring System (NOMS) powered through Casper. DOA will investigate all noise complaints/concerns and respond with findings. Please allow 10 business days to receive a response.
When researching specific complaints, the NOMS is utilized to collect flight track data and provide information on historical flight paths and aircraft identification. The system also collects noise measurements from permanent noise monitors, determines noise events and matches these events with the flight track data.
Threatening/Abusive Callers or Emails
Phone calls, voicemail messages, or written communication containing threats against people, structures, aircraft, or containing abusive language (i.e., vulgar, or offensive language that goes beyond expressing anger about a problem) may be forwarded to law enforcement officials for review.
Submitting Noise Complaints to the FAA
The FAA's Aviation Noise Ombudsman serves as a public liaison for issues about aircraft noise questions or complaints.
- Email the Southwest Region Ombudsman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAA Noise Portal at https://noise.faa.gov/noise/pages/noise.html
For additional information or concerns relating to aviation noise, please visit the FAA’s Noise webpage at https://www.faa.gov/noise