What are the criteria used by the FAA to evaluate an application for a curfew?Wednesday December 19 2018
Listed below are the criteria used by the FAA for evaluation of curfew requests. Please note that the sponsor must “prove up” all six elements:
- The restriction is reasonable, non-arbitrary, and nondiscriminatory;
- The restriction does not create an undue burden on interstate or foreign commerce;
- The proposed restriction maintains safe and efficient use of the navigable airspace;
- The proposed restriction does not conflict with any existing Federal statute or regulation;
- The applicant has provided adequate opportunity for public comment on the proposed restriction; and
- The proposed restriction does not create an undue burden on the national aviation system.